Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Lunch On the Run Can be Healthy Too!

I'm afraid I have been a little overindulgent lately.  First came Hallowe'en.  "Oh, a piece of candy here and a piece of candy there won't hurt."  "They are just little snack size candies."  "Oh, I'll have one of those."  "Have you seen these before?"  "Hallowe'en Kit Kits!!!!"  And then came my birthday and the most delicious carrot cake ever made.  And dinner at Fire & Sage.  And another slice of birthday cake.  And this and that.  STOP!!!  I had a visit with my Endocrinologist yesterday. Fortunately, and somehow miraculously through this sea of gastronomic delights, I only managed to put on four pounds.  I was quite surprised when I stepped on the scales.  So it is time to get back to basics, ... until Thursday, of course.  That means plenty of walking and sensible lunches.


This was lunch today.  Actually, it is one of those bagged salads.  It is the Southwest blend.  I bought a pint of cherry tomatoes and added a few of those to the mix.  I also added some grilled chicken breast.  This was quite delicious with a little oil and vinegar, salt and pepper.


Into my very sturdy black, neoprene lunch carrier and off to the office!!

The bagged salads available in the produce department of any large grocery store are quite tasty and very easy to assemble.  I keep some in the refrigerator at all times.  If I eat like this in-between the holidays, hopefully I will not go over my four pound weight gain and hopefully I will lose that very soon.  So fast food doesn't have to be bad-for-you food.  Assembling these bagged salads is fast, tasty, and good-for-you food!!

No comments: