Friday, August 29, 2014

Moo Thru

I had a follow-up visit with my dentist on Tuesday of this week.  I recently had some trouble, which I will not go into here, and the end result was having tooth number thirty extracted.  For most of us, myself included, tooth number thirty means nothing.  I can tell you, now, that it is the second tooth from the back on the bottom right side.  That is your dental lesson for the day.  My dentist is in Charlottesville, VA, which is a 3 hour drive through mostly rural Virginia countryside.  It is a beautiful drive, so I really do not mind when it is time to visit the dentist.  The drive is wonderful and relaxing.  I grew up not far from Charlottesville in one of the many small towns which make up the patchwork of Virginia.  So it is nice to visit.  Plus my dentist is wonderful and my BFF Karen is the Office Manager for his office.  Karen and I have known each other for well over 30 years now.  I adore her.

As I was driving on Tuesday, about halfway to Charlottesville, I noticed this little place along Route 29 just before Culpeper that was all about ice cream.  Freshly made ice cream.  I couldn't make out the name, but I made a mental note where it was along my route and decided I would stop on the way back to investigate further.  My thought was that it was a shop where one could buy freshly made ice cream.  Well, I was sort of right and sort of wrong.

The name of the place was/is Moo Thru.  Isn't that wonderful.  Moo Thru.


They do indeed have "real ice cream from real dairy farmers."  However, you get it on the go, hence, Moo Thru.  You have two choices.  You either park and buy your cup or cone at the window and take it with you, or your drive through and place your order and pick it up at the window.  I was in the market to bring home a few pints or even a half gallon, but that was not to be.  There was no way I could keep a cup of ice cream from melting on an hour and a half drive home.  So the next time I am out that way I will stop in for a treat.  I'm looking forward to my next dental appointment.

No comments: