Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Banana Oat Muffins

I am always open to trying a new recipe.  I like to experiment in the kitchen.  Sometimes on my own and sometimes with some of the many recipes I find out on the internet.  I recently found a recipe for these Banana Oat Muffins, so I thought I would give it a try.  Here is how it went.


We used a potato masher to mash three ripe bananas.


We added one teaspoon cinnamon.


Other ingredients: Two cups oats, one-half cup mini chocolate chips, one-third cup apple sauce, one-quarter cup almond milk and one teaspoon Madagascar Vanilla.  Add all the ingredients to the banana and cinnamon mixture except the chocolate chips and mix thoroughly with a large slotted spoon.  When done, add the chocolate chips and gently fold into the mixture.


I then transferred the mixture to these cute little cupcake cups I found at Home Goods.  I placed the cups on a baking sheet and placed them in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.


And this is the finished product.


I let them cool to room temperature.


Removed the cup.


A festive looking muffin.


And you can see all the wonderful mixture inside.  These are a healthy snack, so they are a little lacking in flavor.  I suggest heating them in the microwave for a few seconds and then using a little bit of Promise Soft Spread to help bring out the flavors.

No comments: