Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Trip to Wegman's

Last week we talked about the Mint-X Waste Bags that are raccoon proof.  In that post I told you that my local Wegman's carried these bags.  I visited this past weekend and, sure enough, they had them.

I arrived around 11:00 AM on Sunday, which was a beautiful day, but very summer-like.  Hot and humid.



This store opened in October 2010 at Woodmore Towne Center in Prince George's County, MD.  It is a delightful store.




At the front door they had the most beautiful mums.  The looked very well cared for.




Another display of mums and pumpkins of all sizes.




And these happy faced pumpkins.  I thought this was a really cute idea.  Sure beats scooping out the inside of the pumpkin and then carving.  I prefer carved pumpkins, but I had to admit that this was also a very good idea.




Once inside, the temptation started.  They have the most delicious hot food bars.  This one in particular - the Asian bar.  Starting top left going clockwise we have shrimp purses, fried vegetable dumplings, vegetable spring rolls, and shrimp egg rolls.  Not a bad selection among the four.  I sampled a little of each.  Probably a little carb heavy, but I didn't go overboard and Sunday was my one day to treat myself.  That's how I stick to my low carb, low sugar diet all week.  Knowing that I have a treat on one day of the weekend to enjoy whatever I want helps keep me focused during the week.  It's the dangling carrot theory.







And one of, if not the best and freshest selection of sushi in the area.  Oh, these are all so incredibly delicious.  Of course, I picked up a couple trays. Sushi is something that needs to be eaten relatively soon after it is prepared. So you can't buy a weeks worth of sushi and keep it in the refrigerator to take to work for lunch all week.  It just doesn't work.  I've tried this and it was a disaster.  So I usually get a couple trays when I am shopping at Wegman's. Basically I get what I think I can eat within 24 hours.




Finally, I made my way all the way to the very back of the store and what did I find?




Mint-X Tall Kitchen bags.




Once I had my bags, which was the sole purpose of the trip, I started making my way to the checkout.  Of course I saw many things along the way that were tempting.  These beautiful blue bottles of their own brand of carbonated water in lemon, lime, mixed berry and lemongrass.  So far I have tried the lemongrass and lime and they are very good.  These are kept in the refrigerator.




To keep at my desk I found these little Polar Seltzer waters in lemon and strawberry lime.  Another very good choice.  I think I may have told you in previous posts that I prefer carbonated water.  Still water is just not my favorite beverage.  I don't care if it is flavored or not.  I don't care if it is ice cold or room temperature.  I am not a fan of still water.  Carbonated water, on the other hand, is a favorite.  It does not have to be flavored but it does need to be cold or over ice.  I especially like it over ice.




And here was my cart.  These flowers were so beautiful I couldn't resist.  And a bargain at $4.99 per grouping.  I picked up an assorted cheese tray and in the lower, center portion of the picture, under the bottle of water, tucked in the corner, is a lemon tart.  All I can say about the lemon tart is, if you are ever in Wegman's and you can find the lemon tarts, try one.  Incroyable!

No comments: