You will recall last month I posted about replanting the planters at the front entrance. I decided to do a little upgrading to those planters. Earlier, I replaced the cyprus' that were in the planters with Upright Holly and added the black river stones on top of the soil. That was a good look, but I thought we could do better. So I removed the stones.
After those were removed I added this creeping ground cover.
Then I replaced the stones. Of course we needed fewer stones this time around, so the extras are stored in a small clay pot in the shed for future plantings.
And voila! A new look for the planters. As this grows in and covers the soil and cascades down the side of the planter it will offer a much more dramatic look. Just a simple and inexpensive way to give any planter a little extra dazzle.